All people who wish to enter the United States by air or land must have this type of document. The US government has multiple types of visas, which it divides into 2 broad categories: non-immigrant visas and immigrant visas.
To begin with, we will see the definition of each of them, in order to make a comparison that allows us to glimpse what are the differences that exist between these 2 types of visa.
What’s an Immigrant Visa?
Immigrant visas are granted to foreigners who will permanently reside in United States.
What’s a Nonimmigrant Visa?
¡Write us your case and we will immediately send you the steps to follow to your email to get started! !
Make sure you fill in your email correctly, we will send you the answer there.
Nonimmigrant visas are those that serve the purpose of temporary travel to the United States.Request assistance!
Differences between Immigrant Visa and Nonimmigrant Visa
They differ from each other because:
- People who receive an immigrant visa are authorized by the government to stay in the United States for as long as they want, while people who receive a non-immigrant visa are only allowed to visit the country temporarily.
- The non-immigrant visa is processed at the United States Embassy or Consulate, while the immigrant visa application is submitted to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services USCIS, for its acronym in English.
- Those who have an immigrant visa can work permanently and legally in the United States, while people who have a non-immigrant visa are not allowed to work in the country, except in strict occasions.
- By holding an immigrant visa, you have rights and obligations as a lawful permanent resident, while having a non-immigrant visa does not confer any on you.
- Immigrant visas are normally sponsored by an immediate family member or an employer, while non-immigrant visas do not require any sponsorship.
- Possessing an immigrant visa is the beginning of the path to obtain American citizenship, while having a non-immigrant visa does not take you there, by its nature.
Stay tuned to our publications because we are going to continue delving into this interesting topic.
Remember that in Tramites de Inmigracion USA Corp we carry out all these procedures corresponding to obtaining American visas for immigrants and non-immigrants, giving you the best advice and support. It has to be a complicated process!
Don’t hesitate to contact us, our experienced team will attend to your particular legal needs in a very professional and confidential way.
Contact us by calling 1 (786) 776-7152 or 1 (786) 786-5088.