When a person files an immigration petition, the application is sent to the National Visa Center (NVC, for its acronym in English) once the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS, for its acronym in English) has approved the petition.
Next, we are going to see what you must do to be able to effectively follow up on your case.
How can I check the status of my case at the NVC?
- Once the USCIS submits the application to the NVC, you are automatically assigned and notified of a case number. This number is different from the one generated in the USCIS and you should always have it on hand, as it will allow you to keep abreast of the status of your application.
- Use the digital tool of the Consular Electronic Application Center (in English).
- Select the type of visa application: Immigrant Visa (IV, for its acronym in English) or Non-Immigrant Visa (NIV, for its acronym in English).
- Enter the case number assigned to you by the NVC.
- Click on “Submit” and follow the instructions.
How long does it take for the NVC to make an appointment?
The time factor depends on several factors such as the category of the visa application and the applicant’s nationality, although most appointments are scheduled within 3 months after the NVC receives all the requested documentation.
The times may vary, since if you apply for a visa with annual limits, the number of applications is normally greater than the number of visas available each year, so the missing ones enter a waiting list, which is increasing each year, being necessary to wait according to the established order, which is reflected in the Visa Bulletin.
How can I contact the NVC?
The NVC has several communication channels to provide general information on related immigration procedures. These contact channels are:
- Call the hotlines, which operate from Monday to Friday.
- If your query is related to Immigrant Visas, you can call (603) 334-0888, if it is about Non-Immigrant Visa, call (603) 334-0888.
- Use the Public Consultation Form, which is available only in English.
- Send your inquiries to the postal address 31 Rochester Avenue Suite 200 Portsmouth, NH 03801-2915.
At Tramites de Inmigracion USA Corp we advise you on everything concerning the immigration procedures that you and your family need to solve. Our experienced team will always look for the best strategy to successfully complete your requirements.
Don’t hesitate to contact us! Contact us at 1 (786) 776-7152 or 1 (786) 786-5088.