E Visa for Investors and Trader, Know it All!


The Immigration and Nationality Act of the United States establishes a visa status for persons from countries that maintain an appropriate contract of commerce and navigation with the United States or that is considered under the laws of the United States as a contracting country.

Investor and Trader Visas fall under the category of Nonimmigrant Visas. These visas don’t confer permanent residence in the United States, nor do they facilitate American Citizenship, although they allow the applicant and qualified family members to live in the United States for an extended period of time.

Frequently Asked Questions about the E-2 Investor Visa Part 1
Frequently Asked Questions about the E-2 Investor Visa Part 2

Who applies for the E Visa?

All traders and investors who must travel to the United States to conduct significant business or to develop or direct the operations of a company, in which the person has invested or is actively in the process of investing significant capital.

What are the types of E Visa?

¡Write us your case and we will immediately send you the steps to follow to your email to get started! !

Make sure you fill in your email correctly, we will send you the answer there.

There are currently 3 types of E Visa:

  • E-1 Visa: For Treaty Traders, who conduct substantial trade in goods primarily between the United States and the country of origin of which they are citizens.
  • E-2 Visa: For Treaty Investors, who invest a substantial amount of money and direct the operations of a company in which they have invested or actively invest. Probably the best visa for foreign entrepreneurs who want to start a business in the US.
  • E-3 Visa: For Australian workers performing services in a specialized job.

What are the requirements to qualify for an E-1 Visa?

  • The company in the United States must bear the nationality of the contracting country.
  • The applicant must be a citizen of the contracting country.
  • International trade must be substantial, with a considerable and continuous volume of trade.
  • The trade must be mainly between the United States and the contracting country, which means that more than 50% of the international trade carried out must be between the United States and the applicant’s country of origin.
  • The applicant must be performing an executive or supervisory role or possess highly specialized skills essential to the operation of the firm.

What are the requirements to qualify for an E-2 Investor Visa?

  • The investor must be a citizen of the contracting country.
  • The investment must be substantial, sufficient to ensure the successful operation of the company.
  • The investment should not be marginal. It must generate income significantly greater than is necessary to support the investor and his or her family or it must have a significant economic impact on the United States.
  • The investor must be in control of the funds and the investment must involve risk in the commercial sense.
  • The investor must come to the United States to develop and run the company. If the applicants aren’t the principal investors, they must be supervisors, executives or possessors of a highly specialized skill.

What are the requirements to qualify for an E-3 Visa for Australian workers?

  • Be an Australian citizen.
  • Have a legitimate job offer in the United States.
  • Fill a position that qualifies as a specialized job.
  • Possess the necessary academic credentials.

How to get an E-1 or E-2 Visa?

The following steps are required to obtain an E-1 or E-2 Visa:

  • Complete Form DS-160.
  • Create an account on the website of the United States Embassy in your country to pay the visa application fee.
  • Build a file that you will email to the Embassy containing the requested documents.
  • The US Embassy will contact you to schedule an interview with a US agent to present your project.
  • If your application is accepted, the visa will be sent to you within the next 3-5 days.

How long does the E-1 and E-2 Visa last?

Both visas are issued for a period of up to 5 years and are indefinitely renewable as long as the activity continues.

They also allow the spouse to follow the visa holder in the United States and obtain a work permit or study permit.


The process to obtain the E Visa is relatively long and complicated, and you will have a large amount of money at risk, for this reason at Tramites de Inmigracion USA Corp we advise and support you so that you can successfully complete your E Visa application. We ensure that you take all the necessary steps, complying with all relevant regulations and requirements.

Don’t get complicated, trust our expert hands and don’t waste your time and money!

Contact us! Make an appointment and tell us about your case by calling 1 (786) 776-7152 or 1 (786) 786-5088!

We use Cookies...
Estamos aquí!
¿Dudas sobre nuestro Servicio?
¿Quieres que conversemos tu caso para agendar un cita?